POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Clouds : Clouds Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Clouds
From: Chris Becker
Date: 3 Mar 2002 22:29:35
Message: <3c82ea1f$1@news.povray.org>
Alright, I've got some really neat looking clouds using the stacked planes
method, but it only looks good at lower resolutions. So when I increase the
resolution, I increase the number of layers. However, when I get to the
point of over 100 or so layers, POV-Ray says: Too many nested refraction
objects. I assume this has something to do with stack overflows from the
recursion?

Is there anyway around this? If I decrease the max_trace_level, I get black
sillouts of the disc object, but if I don't have enough disks, you can see
the individual layers. Any ideas?